This new version (1.2.2) contains a number of new features, feature improvements, and bug fixes. Some highlights include:
- Hydrostatics and Stability: By default, the “Pre-float” check is run each time hydrostatics are calculated, in order to review the model for errors. This option can be disabled.
- Hydrostatics and Stability: Real-time hydrostatics and Sectional Area Curve will now update when an entire surface is moved (when the move is complete).
- Weight and Cost: If the user attempts to edit the weight/cost properties associated with a block instance, a message is provided that only the weight/cost properties associated with the block definition can be edited.
- Hull Design: Improved performance of Orca section calculation when dragging many objects.
- Licensing: Implemented a newer version of the Licensing libraries, allowing self-service activation through a user website for cases where Internet activation is not possible, because the computer where Orca3D is installed does not have Internet access.
- Units Fixes – Fixed bug in unit conversion values for metric mass density units other than kg/m^3.
- OrcaMove Fixes – Fixed OrcaMove ghosting and an incorrect real-time sectional area curve behavior, in which one move caused two sectional area curve updates.
- PIAS Export Fixes – Modified PIAS section export to meet the requirement of positive transverse coordinate (regardless of whether port/stbd is modeled). Added logic to join station segments by filling in gaps with straight line segments.
- Hydrostatics: Fixed a bug in the scriptable version of the OrcaHydrostatics command when using the “TransformModel” command option. Fixed a bug in which “undo-ing” a surface manipulation while real-time hydrostatics/sectional area curve were active did not cause a hydrostatics/sectional area curve update.