If you missed the release of V-Ray for Unreal, watch this webinar to get up to speed with setting up your project and moving your V-Ray data into Unreal. Keep watching to find out the simple techniques which ensure your projects look as good as possible in Unreal.
Tired of Black Friday queues?
Beat them all with Cyber Monday online exclusive deals!
We’ve got four big offers, something for everyone, that you won’t want to miss. Here’s what we have:
Exclusive to Monday 26th November, get 15% OFF RRP on new SketchUp Pro licenses.
Enter CYBER18SU at checkout to get the discount!
Trimble SketchUp Pro (formerly Google Sketchup Pro) is an intuitive 3D CAD software package that is both cost effective and natural to use. Built in features like Layout and third party renderers make Sketchup Pro a powerful tool.
Single licenses only, and one per purchaser only. Discount does not include the cost of maintenance and support.
Exclusive to Monday 26th November, get 40% OFF RRP on new Vectorworks licenses.
Vectorworks 2019 is specialist and powerful software that is pleasantly user-friendly. It comes in five variants:
Fundamentals (the basic package, short on specialist libraries but containing all core 2D and 3D functionality)
Architect – for architecture and built environment work
Landmark – for landscape/environment design
Spotlight – for event and exhibition design
Designer – incorporates all these versions, ideal for multi-discipline practices.
If you’re looking for previz software to create unmatched experiences, you can with Vectorworks Vision, also at 40% off when purchased with a 1-year VSS membership.
Offer applies to new licenses of Vectorworks for new customers when committing to a 1-year VSS membership at full price.
Monday 26th – 30th November, get 20% OFF new KeyShot licenses.
Enter KSCYBER20 at checkout to get the discount!
KeyShot by Luxion, is a processor-driven rendering application that works equally well on Windows and Mac. It is a biased renderer meaning it accelerates rendering by estimating lighting calculations – but it does so extremely effectively. KeyShot comes as KeyShot HD or KeyShot Pro, where Pro includes a range of animation tools and additional options and features. KeyShot HD was previously limited to HD resolution but the output is now unlimited – making it even more appealing.
We’re also running 20% OFF all week long on upgrades and add-ons until November 30th! Enter KSCYBER20 at checkout to get the discount.
Offer does not apply to EDU and Maintenance products.
Starting Friday 23rd and throughout the 26th, get a huge 50% OFF RRP on Maxwell and RealFlow new licenses.
Enter CYBER18NXT at checkout to get the discount!
RealFlow is an industry-standard, out-of-the-box fluid simulation software. Fast and easy to use, it is compatible with ALL major 3D platforms.
Maxwell is a render engine for making perfect images, films and animations from 3D models. It is the complete solution for anyone who demands immaculate results on a deadline. Maxwell Render is also available as a plugin for a wide range of modellers including SketchUp, Rhino and Cinema 4D.
Set your reminders now to visit CAD Software Direct this Cyber Monday to save on SketchUp, Vectorworks, KeyShot, RealFlow and Maxwell.
KeyShot 8.1 focuses on stability, feature updates and new usability features to improve output, issue reporting and the visual creation workflow.
Just over a month ago, KeyShot 8 was a pivotal release introducing features like displacement mapping, bubbles, flakes, interactive image colour and intensity curve adjustments, and much more.
KeyShot 8.1 follows quickly on the heels of that release to introduce 16-bit PSD output, in-view indicators for geometry shader, full-resolution HDRI update, in-app problem reporting, and invert selection capabilities, along with many other improvements and bug fixes. Head to the bottom of this post to see the full release notes.
Current KeyShot 8 users can update to 8.1 for free starting today. If you already have KeyShot 8 installed, you’ll be prompted to update, or you can also go to the KeyShot “Help” menu and select “Check for Updates“.
If you purchased KeyShot 7 after August 15th 2018, you’re also entitled to a free upgrade to 8.1 by using your current serial code.
You can view the release notes below, but in the meantime, don’t forget that we have great deals on KeyShot starting November 26th through to November 30th across new licenses and upgrades. View our KeyShot Deals blog post.
- In-app Problem Reporting. Presented automatically when a crash dump is detected or accessed via Main menu > Help.
- 16-bit PSD Format for Still Images, Animation Frames, and Configurator output.
- In-view indicator button to Execute Geometry Nodes when change is detected.
- In-view indicator button to Generate Full-Resolution HDRI when change is detected.
- Invert Selection command in right-click context menu of Real-time View and Scene Tree.
- Added five new splash screens.
- Added “Add Geometry Node” button on ribbon in Material Graph.
- Added a Label input indicator on the Material Graph root node.
- Execute Geometry Nodes button in material properties now only affects that material.
- Improved Displacement mesh quality. Resolution is now Triangle Size with option to define by units or pixels.
- Added unique icons for Bubbles, Flakes, and Displace.
- Added Seed for Flakes and Bubbles.
- Added support for multi-selection of objects in Cutaway > Add Excluded Objects dialog.
- Added support for object outlines when selecting Excluded Objects in Cutaway properties.
- Added pointer support for Spotlights in the Geometry View.
- Now supporting Move Tool hotkey in Geometry View.
- Added a right-click context menu to the Image Styles list.
- Now retaining Photographic-specific Image Style values when toggling to Basic.
- Added message when “Use GPU” is disabled and Photographic Image Style Mode is enabled.
- Now automatically enabling Accurate Tessellation on Import of Datakit formats for periodic surfaces i.e. springs, screws to improve mesh quality.
Noteworthy Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue with Bubbles applied to geometry with per-triangle vertex normals or no normals i.e. C4D, 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush.
- Fixed UV meshes with custom UV layout and Displacement.
- Fixed Geometry Nodes respecting disabled state.
- No longer showing Splash Screen as top-most window.
- Now ignoring Show Only Hotkey when Mapping Tool is open.
- Fixed radio buttons in Move Tool dialog.
- Now using fixed format for Render Layers output format is set to PSD.
- Fixed crash when loading scene with Motion Blur.
- Fixed error in node type changes in the Material Graph.
- Fixed removal of discarded sub-materials from Material Graph.
- Fixed occasional crash when removing Multi-Material.
- Fixed issue with lost material name when toggling Multi-Material.
- Fixed crash when assigning Curve Color Randomizer to a geometry node.
- Fixed crash when loading large .png in Library.
- Fixed error when right-clicking on Free Camera is scene tree.
- Fixed selection in pivot move tool dialog.
- Fixed performance of Project > Materials list with many materials in scene.
- Fixed loss of textures with same name in different folders when saving .ksp.
- Fixed FOV not being saved with camera.
- Fixed Global Illumination Quality when using Custom Control with Global Illumination Cache disabled.
- Fixed extraction of .hdz from KeyShot 6.3.
- Fixed corruption of KeyShot 6 color library when loading into KeyShot 8.
- Fixed dielectric-based material Cutaway Caps.
- Fixed tiling in ground shadows visible through cutaway object.
- Fixed Cutaway color caps when camera is inside Cutaway object.
- Fixed Glass and Thin Film as Excluded Objects for Cutaway.
- Fixed issue with Color Cutaway Caps in Interior Mode.
- Fixed issue with hot pixels caused by Cutaway on Windows.
- Fixed Move Control Point for Camera Path animation.
- Fixed flicker when moving Animation Wizard.
- Fixed dataloss when cancelling Re-Tessellation.
- Fixed issue with non-default location for KeyShot 8 Resources folder.
- Fixed issue Rendering KeyShotXR via scripting with Add to Queue to Send to Network.
- Fixed issues with import settings when using scripting to import.
- Fixed issue with Queue thumbnail when Add to Queue from Options.
- Fixed issue pasting a copy into a Model Set.
- Fixed quality of image-based HDRIs with HDRI Editor Adjustments applied.
- Fixed gamma handling of colors saved from the color picker to the Library.
- Fixed Delete key in Scene Tree.
- Fixed crash with Copy/Paste Position.
- Fixed blur when rendered in Background mode.
- Fixed KeyShotXR flicker in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed Zoom buttons for the Project > Materials list.
- Fixed Exit button visibility in Compact Presentation Mode.
- Fixed Preferences > Screenshot > Quality slider.
- Fixed text visibility for Studios in Presentation Mode.
- Fixed Parent/Component tab text when single top level titles are hidden.
For the last week of November, we’ve got a limited time offer on all KeyShot licenses, upgrades and add-ons*.
Put it in your calendar, because this is going to be the best time to buy if you’ve been looking to get into KeyShot, or add another license for your team.
…to November 30th
All week long we’ll be offering a great discount on all things KeyShot*.
If you’ve been looking to boost your productivity by upgrading HD to Pro, this will be your best opportunity!
*Offer excludes EDU and Maintenance products as well as KeyShot for ZBrush.
As of November 1st 2018, V-Ray for Cinema 4D, created by LAUBlab, is an official member of the Chaos Group family.
Starting now through March 15, 2019, owners of V-Ray for Cinema 4D 3.6, or earlier, are entitled to a free license for the Chaos Group version (3.7). This license will include all updates, and it expires on January 15, 2020.
V-Ray 3.7 for Cinema 4D has the same V-Ray feature set as 3.6, is compatible with Cinema 4D R18–20 and uses Chaos Group Licensing.
All migration requests to V-Ray 3.7 for Cinema 4D will be processed through a form on Chaos Group’s website which can be found here:
A Note About Render Nodes
Any existing V-Ray for Cinema 4D “DR” licenses entitle customers to new V-Ray for Cinema 4D Render licenses valid through January 15, 2020.
Abvent have developed a variety of export plugins so you can avoid using a standard exchange file format between your modeler and Artlantis, as well as the risk of losing information that method involves. The latest plugin for Vectorworks is ready to download and use right now.
Artlantis allows you to use models designed with almost all of the 3D applications on the market, without losing any information! As stand-alone rendering software, Artlantis can import many commonly used 3D formats including .DXF, .DWG, .OBJ and .3DS.
KeyShot Webinar: Creating Smoke, Fog, Light Rays and More
Thu, Nov 1st, 2018 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
The KeyShot 8 Scattering Medium brings you the ability to create a variety of appearances for your scenes and materials. Learn how to create fog, smoke, light rays, and incredible materials quickly with this unique material type. Sign up soon as space is limited!
What’s New in KeyShot 8?
There’s a lot to KeyShot 8 with new features like scattering media, displacement, and image styles. Our What’s New in KeyShot page breaks down the features and improvements with examples of what you can do.
Artist Feature: Kenny Carmody
Kenny Carmody is 3D character artist in the film industry using KeyShot for everything from presenting concepts to final imagery, and using it along the way to dial in lighting. See how he uses KeyShot to create visuals and why it’s such an important tool in the process.
Liquids in Glass
Rendering liquids in glass can be challenging, but with KeyShot 8 it couldn’t be more simple. So what works best when setting up the model? And, what are the best settings for rendering realistic liquid? Take a look at what you need to consider to achieve the best results when rendering liquid in glass.
KeyShot Quick Tip: Scattering Medium
Before you see how far you can take a scene using scattering in the webinar, check out this quick overview on the new feature and how to quickly create a volume of realistic fog.
V-Ray Cloud brings cloud rendering to artists and designers without the complicated hardware configuration and virtual machine setup. Just render, and V-Ray cloud takes care of the rest for you.
You can join the V-Ray Cloud beta now
Cloud rendering for everyone
Now, cloud rendering is built right into V-Ray, and it’s as easy as pushing a button. It handles everything for you automatically — from licensing and uploading your scenes to launching virtual machines — so you get your job done fast.
Turn your computer into a supercomputer
What if you could render an animation in the time it takes to render a single frame? Now you can. With V-Ray Cloud, you now have your own personal render farm. And it scales with you for any job that comes your way.
Render while you work
Keep creating. Keep designing. Let V-Ray Cloud do the rendering so you can keep working. And you can render multiple jobs at the same time. Because you’ve got more important things to do than wait.
The fastest, most powerful software for real-time 3D rendering and animation brings you even more ways to create amazing shots. KeyShot 8 provides the advanced features and flexibility you need to take your visuals to the next level.
With new features like displacement, volumetrics, cutaway, images style and more, it’s a release focused on boosting your workflow, elevating your visuals, enhancing your experience and extending your reach. This is KeyShot 8 – tools that put the emphasis on the flow and less on the work to both save time to keep you creating.
KeyShot 8 Feature Highlights
There are a lot of great new features in KeyShot 8 to help you throughout the process of creating visuals whether it’s creating quick concepts or generating those final product renders. We’ve picked five to highlight for you that will have the biggest impact on what you’re now able to create in KeyShot.
Image Styles is a new feature that allows you to make photographic adjustments to the KeyShot scene in real-time prior to or after rendering. Multiple Image Styles may be created and added to a list for a range of different styles that can then be used in KeyShot Studios. The Photographic option includes adjustments for Tone-Mapping, Curve control, Color adjustments, Background color override, and the ability to apply a Frontplate.
Cutaway is a new approach to creating advanced cutaway graphics which allows you to use parts and 3D primitives to cutaway geometry by assigning the Cutaway material to the object. The Cutaway material also allows you to add and define the Cutaway Caps as a shaded color, the same material as the object to be cut or as a custom material. Additionally, all cutaways may be animated.
KeyShot now supports the creation of scattering media that allows you to simulate particle scattering and volumetrics such as smoke and fog. This can be used in conjunction with physical lights for visualizing rays/beams of light. With this, you have the option to apply a Density Texture, and apply it just as you would to any other material. Additionally, you can extend the control of the scattering with full support for OpenVDB files applied to the Density Texture as a Volume Map.
KeyShot 8 introduces an entirely new approach to working with geometry in KeyShot. Through the Material Graph, the advance material editor in KeyShot Pro, you now have three new types of geometry nodes (shaders) to modify the geometry of an object with displacement, bubbles or flakes. The Geometry Nodes include:
- Displace – Displace allows you to modify the geometry through the use of displacement maps (textures). Displacement maps define the topology of a material similar to a bump map but instead of simulating the height of a surface it actually modifies it.
- Bubbles – Bubbles allows you to modify the geometry by automatically adding spherical cavities within an object. Control is provided over bubble size, variation, density, and limit. Additionally, a texture can be used to define the density of the bubbles.
- Flakes – Flakes allows you to modify the geometry by turning any object into a three-dimensional volume of square or spherical flakes. Control is provided over flake shape, size, variation, density, and limit. Additionally, a texture can be used to define the density of the flakes.
KeyShot Viewer is a new, feature-rich application to compliment design reviews, make presentations more interactive, and increase the ability to collaborate. With it, you can open, view and interact with a KeyShot scene in real-time using mouse, touch, pen or stylus to explore the scene or change materials and lighting. You can create Studios and Configurators from within KeyShot for use in KeyShot Viewer as well.
Are You Ready For KeyShot 8?
If you’re a KeyShot 7 customer on maintenance, or purchased KeyShot 7 after August 15th, you can upgrade to KeyShot 8 today using your current serial code. If you would like to purchase KeyShot 8 or upgrade your current KeyShot license, please visit CAD Software Direct or contact us today.
Register for the “What’s New in KeyShot 8?” Webinar
See the new features like displacement mapping, materials with embedded flakes and bubbles, volumetric materials including volume caustics, liquid interfaces, interactive cutaways, interactive image color and intensity curve adjustments, material ways for advanced product configurations, and much more. We expect this to fill up fast and space is limited, so register quickly!
In this webinar:
- New Image and Output Capabilities
- New Material and Volume Capabilities
- New Lighting and Optics Capabilities
- New Advanced Geometry Capabilities
- New Collaboration Capabilities
KeyShot 8 is on its way, and for a limited time only you can purchase or upgrade to KeyShot 7 and receive a free upgrade to KeyShot 8 when released.
This is the final chance to upgrade from KeyShot 6 to lock in your free upgrade! Haven’t updated yet? Start using KeyShot 7 today and upgrade to KeyShot 8 free at release – which is just days away!
Using KeyShot 5?
This is also your final chance for upgrade pricing, plus receiving KeyShot 8 free. KeyShot 5 licenses will no longer be upgradeable once KeyShot 8 has been released.
This offer is valid for all new KeyShot purchases and upgrades from KeyShot 5 and KeyShot 6 to KeyShot 7. Versions prior to KeyShot 5 must purchase a new license. All KeyShot 7 upgrades or purchases (excluding add-ons) on or after August 15th, 2018 will receive a free upgrade to KeyShot 8. Excludes EDU products, KeyShot add-ons, and KeyShot for CAD licenses (KeyShot for Solid Edge, KeyShot for IronCAD, etc).