For the month of December KeyShot are hosting the 2019 Holiday Render Competition! This is your opportunity to create an amazing KeyShot scene using the all-new features in KeyShot 9. To be in with the chance of winning, make use of these brand new features including:
- RealCloth that brings you creation and visualisation of realistic woven materials.
- Fuzz that allows you to add any amount of fuzz or fur (or tinsel!) you need to the surface of any object.
- Contour Texture that lets you add an illustration-like effect on top of real-world materials such as metal or plastic.
- 3D Model Library that provides high-quality, specially curated 3D models to complement the products in your scene.
You can even use the new Web Configurator, Animation Curve Control, Substance Painter Import, and VStitcher Integration, plus the new GPU support and Denoise to render it all out.
The top 3 finalists will receive big KeyShot prizes!
– Create your visual using one of the new features listed above.
– Use a seasonal theme of the Winter Holidays (i.e. Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years).
– All rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot 9.
– Screenshots, fully rendered images, animations or KeyShotXR’s and Configurators may all be submitted.
– Submit your entry on the ‘2019 KeyShot Holiday Render Competition’ forum board
– Multiple entries are acceptable
– Post edits are acceptable
– The competition is open to everyone
– Team entries are welcome – prize will be transferred to team leader
Render Output Specification:
Resolution: 16:9 Ratio (at or above 1920×1080) and/or 1:1 (1080×1080)
Filetype: .jpg, .png, .mp4, .avi, .html
Need A Licence To Enter?
If you need a licence for the competition, you can request a trial here:
With your submission, mention what modeling software or other tools were used. Provide credit to where you downloaded or who created any supporting models as well. If post editing is done, show a before and after!
Luxion retains the right to use any image or animation submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the image belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of render or animation files may be requested of the user via email.
Luxion’s Judging Criteria:
The entries will be judged on three criteria:
Innovation – How is it being used? What is the application?
Creativity – What is the content? What materials/lighting?
Execution – How was KeyShot used? How is the experience?
3x Grand Prizes – KeyShot Pro (worth £1,520 each!)
3x 1st Place Prizes – KeyShot HD (worth £760 each!)
Honorable mentions (up to 10) – KeyShot Prize Pack (t-shirts, mug, etc.)
Tuesday, December 31st 11:59 PST (7:59 GMT)
The winner will be announced Tuesday, January 14th on the KeyShot website, forum and social media sites.
The contest is already open and ends
Tuesday, December 31st.