Vectorworks 2014 is due to release imminently and time is running out to grab the current VSS deals.
If you purchase Vectorworks with VSS today you will receive 13 months instead of 12. This means you can upgrade for free to Vectorworks 2014 when it is released and to Vectorworks 2015 in September next year.
The new and enhanced 3D modeling, animation and rendering workflow features and performance enhancements in CINEMA 4D Release 15, available for both Mac OS X and Windows, include:
The new Team Render delivers quick control over an entire network to take advantage of all surplus processing power – either manually or automatically via Bonjour. Utilize an unlimited number of render nodes with CINEMA 4D Studio and 3 nodes with CINEMA 4D Visualize or Broadcast. Users can distribute the rendering of a single frame or complete animation directly within the CINEMA 4D interface and view the results in real-time within CINEMA 4D’s Picture Viewer for a streamlined workflow.
A new irradiance caching algorithm for faster approximation of Global Illumination and improved ambient occlusion, physical rendering and multi-threading features in R15 has been added offering artists unprecedented rendering performance.
Introducing all-new interactive beveling for improved manipulation and control over object edges and curves for adding depth and dimension to designs and ensure that resulting meshes are clean and flow correctly.
Improved Typographic Tools
Significant typographic, text editing and control capabilities via MoText and Text Splines directly in the 3D view. New kerning, and tracking tools can be applied with MoGraph effectors or used in XPresso and edited at any time to create complex typographic elements and animation.
Improved dynamic sculpting tools in CINEMA 4D Studio Release 15 ensure artists can sculpt with finesse and optimize with ease. In cases in which there are adequate subdivision, sculpting tools can be used directly on any polygonal model. Advanced masking, mirroring and duplication options, as well as the new Amplify brush that gives control to interactively inflate and use new draw modes to sculpt lines and areas defined by lasso, polygonal drawing or a rectangle, gives artists complete control and flexibility for adding and preserving desired sculpted details.
Miscellaneous Workflow, Modeling and Animation Improvements
Renowned for outstanding ease of use, CINEMA 4D R15 also includes many new productivity-boosting features including:
Texture Manager– Provides artists with powerful new texture management tools to fix broken texture links and wrangle bitmaps with ease to control even the most complex scenes.
Architectural Grass – Based on the powerful Hair and Fur engine in CINEMA 4D Studio, the new grass material features lets users quickly and easily simulate and add grass to any object within CINEMA 4D Release 15 Visualize and Studio.
Camera Crane — A new Camera Crane rig offers customers a dependable, production-friendly solution to easily simulate real-life Jib crane shots by adjusting the angle and length of the base, arm, head and the camera itself.
• Resolved an issue that caused geometry to vanish when editing a scene during a V-Ray RT render.
• Transitioning between perspective and parallel cameras while rendering with V-Ray RT no longer causes the rendered view to get stuck in parallel mode.
• When V-Ray RT in OpenCL mode fails to setup on OSX, V-Ray will revert to CPU mode without a crash.
• Resolved crash in RT CPU when VRayBRDF has both fog and translucency turned on.
• Improved stability of RT GPU.
• Skp2Sided material now supported with RT GPU.
• Opacity and other float textures render properly in RT GPU.
• The standard material pays attention to the Default Displacement override / Use global parameters.
• Our Standard, Skp2Sided, Toon, and Angle blend materials check and correct invalid (negative or infinite) colors.
• The VFB stays on the top of the SketchUp window in OSX.
• RGB/Alpha channels are always the first two channels in the VFB and are above other custom render channels.
• The VRayBRDF layer gets used for viewport representation in our LayeredBRDF.
• V-Ray diffuse color is no longer incorrectly overwritten by SketchUp material color in some cases.
• Resolved an issue that caused light cache retracement to always be off regardless of the checkbox in our UI.
• Resolved problem that could cause default options to be loaded instead of the serialized scene options if you open a model by double-clicking on it rather than doing File->Open.
• Our Options Editor no longer becomes empty when trying to use render presets.
• Resolved an issue where DR Nodes could intermittently stop contributing. This fix is part of the spawner itself, so you must reinstall it.
• Resolved “Ghost windows” from happening on OSX.
• Materials ending in the number “0” now load properly.
• Resolved an issue that would prevent copy and pasting objects between models, or automatically undoing the last operation while copy and pasting between models.
• Unicode paths are now supported when referenced from within lights – IES file paths, for example.
• The physical camera matches viewport FOV.
• Focus distance is set correctly and DOF render properly with the physical camera.
• Resolved issue that caused VRayBRDF to be unresponsive to changes made in SketchUp material editor.
• Materials no longer rename themselves after making edits in the SketchUp material editor.
Time is running out to get the current version at the current price. Purchasers of V-Ray for Sketchup 1.49 qualify for 1.6 as soon as it’s released. You will only need to pay for the USB dongle, there is no upgrade price and you can lock in the current license price today.
SketchUp Pro now requires a subscription with every new 2013 license and for existing users upgrading simply means purchasing a subscription. There is no longer a Sketchup upgrade product. Subscriptions are available for either 12 or 24 months; users will receive technical support and future updates as and when new software is released. This also means that all users with a subscription will automatically receive SketchUp Pro 2014 when it is released in Autumn.
1. Select Subscription (for existing license holders only)
2. Select your subscription length (12 months / 24 months)
3. Select your operating system ( Windows / Mac OS X )
4. Forward existing license details to firstname.lastname@example.org or just reply to your confirmation email.
The Architectural Design and Visualization bundle featuring LightWave 11.5 & LWCAD 4.5 software is set to end July 4, 2013. This combo has everything you need to create stunning interior and exterior visuals and walkthroughs for your clients.
NewTek LightWave 11 made its debut in early 2012, bringing new functionality to an already robust 3D modeling, animation and rendering program. Many new features in LightWave 11.5 that are widely used by artists include built-in instancing, Bullet hard body dynamics, and Flocking along with new workflow options such as GoZ support for Pixologic’s ZBrush software and the Unity game engine development platform.
About LW CAD
Shape Instances – new geometric element in Modelr which points to existing object in Shape Library
– instance can be included into existing archviz objects stored in library
Shape Library 3 – completely streamlined process of adding shapes into library
– new element and furniture shape type
– fence shape updated with pattern interval parameter
– fence shape updated with start-end border and ground parameter
– window and door shapes updated with front wall and front-back wall subtype parameters
– default shape library updated with tons of new windows, doors, fences, columns, gates, elements and furniture
Element tool – creates single and double pivoted element objects
Furniture tool – new tool for fast interior modeling
ShpInst Manager – new tool for shape instances management
Freeze ShpInst – new command for conversion shape instances into polygons
WinDoor – new interactive wall grid helps precisely place windows and doors on the wall
– new corner mode for creating corner windows
– new wall drill modes, drill distance can be automatic, manual or disabled
– new layer system, each layer can use different window or door shape, offset and rotate
Fence – new preset system, remembers set of used fences and column with custom height
– switching between active shapes directly in viewport
– height parameters adjustable in viewport
– updated fence shape
Shingles – updated preset system, easier shingle replacement
– shingle list visible in viewport
Sketchup Pro now uses a subscription model – and with a license upgrade or a new license purchase users will received twelve months of future updates to Sketchup Pro. This also includes technical support via email and phone support for licensing and installation issues. All users will then automatically receive SketchUp Pro 2014 in autumn.
LayOut is now a full-fledged documentation tool for creating annotated, scaled and dimensioned drawings from your models. With hatching and pattern fills, speedier vector rendering, better zoom and more, LayOut is more powerful, more precise and more customisable than ever. Click here to learn more about LayOut in SketchUp.
If you are an existing V-Ray for Sketchup user, or if you’re a prospective user, then news of the V-Ray for Sketchup 1.6 open beta release will be welcome (and greatly expected) news.
Final stage development is now under way and this is your chance to provide feedback and get a sneak peak of some great new features. These features bring development of V-Ray for Sketchup in-line with V-Ray for Rhino and provide some major improvements in terms of efficiency and reductions in render development time.
V-Ray RT – a revolutionary rendering engine providing instant feedback and streamlining scene setup. Because V-Ray RT is built upon the same robust core as V-Ray, it is seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering. For the everyday user this s a very powerful interactive rendering solution that allows them to simultaneously work and render inside of sketchUp.The instant visual feedback makes for quicker design, material, and lighting decisions. The current version of V-Ray RT is only supported on the CPU.
Retrace Threshold – reduce Light Cache artifacts and improve the appearance of glossy reflections and refractions when using the time saving feature – Use light cache for glossy rays.
Dome light – create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the dome Light. its powerful importance sampling analyzes hdR images and optimizes light tracing and gi precision. This new feature will streamline your workflow when using image based lighting in your scenes. it will not only save you setup and rendering time but it will also increase the quality of the image based light and shadows.
Lights as components – V-Ray lights can now be part of a SketchUp component. This makes it easy to change the design and settings of multiple lights at one time.
Sphere Light – create spherically shaped area lights.
V-Ray Proxy – an indispensable tool for managing scene memory and efficiently rendering massive amounts of geometry. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render-time, saving vital RAm resources. Use V-Ray Proxy to render millions of polygons at maximum memory efficiency and increase the amount of detail and complexity of your sketchUp scenes.
Faster Parsing Times – major speed improvements have been made when processing the sketchUp scene for rendering with V-Ray.
V-Ray Frame Buffer Improvements
Render History – this option allows you to save your rendered images and load them directly in the V-Ray frame buffer.
Compare Tool – new compare option to easily compare two rendered images directly in the V-Ray frame buffer.
V-Ray Lens Effect
Lens Effect – allows you to achieve bloom and glare effects in your renderings.
V-Ray Material – a compact and optimized material that includes diffuse, reflection, and refraction parameters with the ability to change the BRdF
Wrapper Material – can be used to specify additional properties per material. most importantly you can now create true matte materials which shows the background as opposed to the base material.
Material Library – this new library contains over a 100 ready to use and photo realistic V-Ray materials.
Procedural Texture Mapping – we add more texture mapping to allow you create different effect on the materials. now you have more freedom on the materials creation.
Three different Color Spaces – to correct the gamma of the images.