In this new update Luxion introduces all new time-saving features and improvements. This includes unique metallic paint material, material templates that allow 3D professionals to ‘auto-paint’ their models, interactive HDR editing that allows real-time editing of the lighting environments, network rendering to queue render jobs and spread them across multiple computers, improved animation interaction, Maya importer and improved texture mapping!
Chaos Group are looking for more V-ray for Rhino beta testers for final evaluation of the latest V-ray for Rhino release.
To download beta versions register at Chaos Group and go to the downloads page.
Vray for Softimage is the latest addition to Chaos Groups suite of rendering solutions.
Some major features of this are:
- ICE support
- Complex mesh support using V-Ray Proxy objects
- Versatile shaders with V-Ray materials
- Quick and accurate global illumination.
Shading with V-Ray for Softimage
Create materials quickly and easily using V-Ray Materials, and simplify the creation of complex, layered materials with the V-Ray Blend and V-Ray Car Paint Materials.
Take control of your compositing workflow using the expansive list of Render Elements.
Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry using V-Ray Proxy objects.
Hair & Fur Shading
Render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed with the VRayHairMtl shader.
E-on Software have released a new version of LumenRT. LumenRT is e-on software’s revolutionary 3D technology for the interactive visualization of architectural projects. Create high quality real-time visualizations of your models and explore them with your mouse!
With its new real-time engine, LumenRT 2 has a number of new features and enhancements, including:
– Complete physical simulation of light
– Physically accurate reflections
– Adjustable time of day
– Precise anti-aliasing and motion blur
– Soft shadows with varying softness
– Water and underwater effects
– Advanced material rendering
– Realistic skies
– Low quality mode for optimized performance on slower boards
LumenRT 2 Review is available for SketchUp on the Macintosh (OS X 10.6) and Windows (XP, Vista and Seven) platforms
The realtime engine is compatible with Google SketchUp, with support for other platforms coming soon, and allows for publishing scenes as self-contained executable files that play on PCs and Macs. A trial version is available for download.
CAD Software Direct are proud to announce that we are now official UK Resellers of Maxwell Render.
Maxwell Render is a recognised standard in architectural visualisation, product design, interior design, film/animation production, engineering and other markets that require the highest render standards. The technology behind Maxwell Render enables users to create materials, set lights and cameras, and render 3D scenes, all in a stunningly realistic and intuitive way, resulting in images that are indistinguishable from photographs
The recent TV commercial for Becks Vier’s new square necked bottle was produced using a combination of key 3D packages.
The ad was created by Zeitguised, with production company Blinkink for Mother. The 20 second ad features a completely self-designed environment, incorporating original models, textures and lighting. The Becks Vier bottle was modelled in Rhino; ZBrush was then used to further texture the bottle. Cinema4D was used for animation and V-Ray for rendering.
E-on software have now released Vue 10 Infinite and Vue 10 xStream and have also announced that it will release the new versions of the Vue product range such as, Pioneer & Theme-packs, Frontier, Esprit, Studio and Complete in mid November 2011.
Vue 10 adds a number of new and extended features such as:
- Spline and Road Tools: Vue 10 includes a comprehensive spline toolkit that can be used for EcoSystems, terrain effects, building roads or creating objects. An automatic path-finding algorithm can also be used to build realistic roads at the surface of terrains.
- Dynamic Rocks: Vue 10 features a library of dynamic rock templates that can be used to instantly create single rocks, groups of rocks, or use them in EcoSystems. Each time the user creates a rock from a template, a new and unique variation will be generated.
- Physical Transparency and Water Shaders: Physical transparency adds absorption and scattering parameters to allow for realistic light absorption in glass or in a body of water. Ocean waves now accurately affect incident light to produce realistic underwater caustics.
- Render Comparison: The new render display dialog now lets the user stack and compare previous renders. Users can overlay and compare 2 renders (including multi-pass layers) and use HDR difference tools for in depth analysis. Lightweight render clones can be created to test various postprocessing effects, without altering the original render.
- EcoSystem Phase and Lean-out Control: Vue 10 lets the user individually control the phase (animation offset) of animated elements inside EcoSystem populations for creating more natural animations. Phase is totally user-controllable on a per instance basis, using the function graph. EcoSystem Lean-out Control lets the user define how the EcoSystem instances lean out towards zones of lower density.
- Terrain Editing Improvements: Users can now precisely preview the active zones when painting with a brush that has Environment Constraints applied. A new Custom 3D terrain brush is added to the brush collection. Mask rotation can also be enabled/disabled when painting in the terrain editor. Material painting in the terrain editor is markedly improved. A new Strata3D node is added for the creation of realistic canyon walls and stratified rock formations. And much more!
- Edge-based Anti-Aliasing: A new edge-based anti-aliasing algorithm is added to complement the previous color-based anti-aliasing strategy. Both AA settings can be configured independently.
- Improved Depth of Field and Motion Blur.
- Up to 30% Faster Rendering Speed*: Significant internal optimizations made to Vue 10’s rendering engine will result in dramatically accelerated rendering.
- And much more: new “Main View Defined” Aspect Ratio, Multiple Camera Aspect Ratio Variation, Improved Render Area, Texture Projection Node, Mixed Materials Alpha Channel, Collada Morph Targets…
- Plus all the new features introduced in Vue 9.5 such as GPU Anti-Aliasing, FastHybrid Depth of Field, Atmosphere Relighting, Localized Cloud Layers, Advanced Cloud Control, Interactive Texture Placement, Custom Star Maps and more.
These products are now available to view and purchase from CAD Software Direct.
This is a contest that anyone can join, regardless of their skill level. This competition has a restriction of 99 frames to make it easier to create an entry. Everyone can and should be inspired to take part using the new features of CINEMA 4D R13 to create their own animation.
After the contest has ended Maxon will composit all 99frames animations to make a large clip with a specially composed soundtrack that will be made available to the global community.Everyone involved is then encouraged to pass this composition on so they can show everyone their contribution to the 99frames competition.
To inspire participants even more, Maxon are giving several amazing prizes to the winners ranging from plugins to a VRAYforC4D license or even a CINEMA 4D Studio Version! The winners will be selected by a jury of industry experts: David Lewnadowski, Kay Tennemann, Manuel Casasola Merkle, Mike “the monkey” Senften, Nick “GreyscaleGorilla” Campbell and Rizon Prein
So get your CINEMA 4D engine running and get to work!
The projects come from all over the world covering a variety of different built environments. Projects include art installations, office buildings, shopping centres, hotels, bridges and residences and use Rhino 3D along with other packages to produce some very high quality visuals.
To see the full article please click here : http://www10.aeccafe.com/blogs/arch-showcase/category/rhino/
With the new GoZ integration in Sculptris, artists can now seamlessly move their creations between Sculptris and ZBrush with the click of a button.
The navigation controls in Sculptris have been enhanced from earlier releases of the software and are now similar to those in ZBrush. This makes it effortless to go between the two applications while also helping Sculptris to serve as a stepping stone toward mastery of ZBrush.
The new version of Sculptris is currently available as a free download at: pixologic.com/sculptris.