3D art challenge for the best car in Post-Apocalyptic style. You can choose any related topic from zombie survival vehicles to the Mad Max universe – there is no limit to your creative ideas. Participation in the contest is open to all comers, whose works comply with the rules.
Everything is as usual: you have to create a car 3d model, put it into 3D environment and make a beautiful render. Primarily the judges will pay attention to the visual component of your works, but this is not all that you need to win. The idea of the work is also very important, as well as its presentation, complicacy (both of the model and of the scene) and quality of performance.
The contest is supported by the best companies of the 3D world and so the prizes for the first places look amazing. Also, everyone has an opportunity to receive an additional prizes.
Your work can be submitted from March 13th to May 29th 2018 – submissions end at 15:00 (GMT)
- Create a 3D model of any vehicle (car, truck, airplane, boat etc) in Post-Apocalyptic style, add 3D environment (you can create more than one vehicle in the scene), textures. Then create a beautiful 3D rendering of it (or them). Think creative.
- Environment should be made in 3D; the use of HDRi for sky and some parts of landscape is premitted.
- The work must not have been previously published anywhere, neither online or offline (including models with ready-made textures or easily recognisable scenes).
- To win the competition the quality and idea of the work are important. You need to think about the story behind the image. Make sure everything supports your message – composition, lighting, colours etc. Make a greater emotional impact.
- You can submit only one work.
- You are free to make WIP on any website, including the forum, either before or after you submit the work and it’s published in the gallery.
- Please provide your work with a short story.
- Add the link to the competition or name of the competition in one of the image corners on your own (so that you can control the quality of the saved work).
- Attach one wireframe or clay render at your choice to your work – we will place it below your work.
Demands for your render:
- The render should be at least 1000 pixels wide if the work is horizontal.
- Render size should not exceed 2 mb.
- Work can be in any style you like (low-poly, cartoon, futuristic etc), with using post production.
- Renders with solid background (one colour: black, white etc, test renders, screenshots) and models laid on wallpapers will not be admitted to take part in the competition. As well as works with adult content.
- The work can be updated during the competition if the author noticed a mistake or made use of community advice. The only condition – you can not change the idea of the work, or modify it drastically. Only reasonable changes allowed.
- You can correct the description and the list of tools after the work was submitted – just get in touch.
- After your work is published on the competition page, you are free to share your work on other websites.
- You can see previous competitions here and “Hall of fame” here.