This is a call to all university design students to show off your SketchUp modelling skills! If you have a passion for design and a knack for SketchUp, we want to see your finest portfolio work. You’ve put in the hours honing your SketchUp skills in the classroom, now it’s time to show the world what you’ve got in this SketchUp competition featuring some amazing prizes up for grabs.
The top five finalists will be awarded a trip to SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2022, including:
- Round Trip coach airfare to Vancouver, BC from their country of residence, or as otherwise agreed by Trimble, plus transportation to and from Vancouver, BC airport.
- Free SketchUp 3D Basecamp admission (September 28-30, 2022).
- Hotel accommodations (as determined by Trimble).
- Three meals per day for the duration of the event (September 28-30, 2022) (excludes alcohol).
After two live presentations to an audience of 3D Basecamp attendees, the three top winners will be selected and awarded a prize as follows:
- First Place: $1,500 USD
- Second Place: $1,000 USD
- Third Place: $500 USD
Submission is an original project primarily modelled within SketchUp, displaying a mastery of 3D modelling.
Submission should be unique and compelling. The concept driving your work should reflect originality in design and execution.
Submission should create a sense of dynamism and thoughtfulness, making sure no elements are neglected. Your work should be beautiful, and the documents that communicate your work should be too.
Submission should clearly communicate your design intent.
Alignment to Area of Study
In alignment with your topic, the submission should display knowledge of industry standards. (Project topics can include but are not limited to architectural, interior or landscape design, construction, and engineering)
- This competition is open to entrants from the United States, including the district of Columbia, Canada, The United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Denmark, France, Serbia, and Slovenia.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Individuals must be enrolled in a degree or certificate-seeking program at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Individuals must have presentation-level English language proficiency to enroll (a minimum level of B1 is recommended). The 3D Basecamp event is held in English and competition finalists must be prepared to present their projects in order to enroll.
Click to read the full Ascent Competition Official Rules.
The submission of projects will take place from Thursday March 24th to Thursday June 30th, 2022 11:59 pm PDT.
On or about July 15th, each of the finalists will be notified by telephone and/or email by Trimble. The final phase of the competition takes place at 3D Basecamp, from Tuesday September 27th to Friday September 30th, 2022.