V-Ray for Rhino is a highly accurate renderer for McNeel Rhinoceros, enabling designers to predict and present their designs with the highest level of realism and reduce the need of physical prototypes. V-Ray greatly increases Rhino’s ability to handle large scenes and can be used directly within Grasshopper.
V-Ray Next for Rhino is compatible with Rhino 5 and Rhino 6. V-Ray for Rhino is supported on Windows only.
What’s New in V-Ray Next for Rhino?
- RTX support — Boost your V-Ray GPU performance with NVIDIA RTX technology.
- Decals support — Add images to paintings, signs, screens and more — plus, Decals work with native and V-Ray materials.
- Proxy mesh materials — Import or create a proxy mesh asset and V-Ray will automatically generate a set of material slots.
- Partial scene export — Export only selected objects as a .vrscene file containing geometry and the applied materials.
- Improved materials — The underlying shading structure of all scene materials has been optimised.
- Colour assistant — Choose the exact color you need with the right hue, saturation and value variation with the Colour Assistant.
- Extended script access — The updated V-Ray scripting API provides more options to start a render.
- And more! Enjoy a new colour theme, a unified one-step installer and numerous V-Ray for Grasshopper enhancements.
V-Ray Next for Rhino – Update 2 is available now at CAD Software Direct.