Phoenix FD for 3ds Max now supports V-Ray Next for 3ds Max, and GPU rendering of Phoenix volumes. It’s also fully compatible with 3ds Max 2019.
- RGB channel simulation for foam, splash and mist particles
- Particle texture color based on particle channels
- Loading and rendering of sparse OpenVDB caches over 2.1 billion voxels
- 2x faster particle rendering in bubble, cellular and splash modes using the Phoenix light cache
- Quicker displacement fade volume and body force with complex or moving geometries
- Faster scene interaction with complex or moving geometries
- For a full list of changes, check out the Phoenix FD for 3ds Max and Phoenix FD for Maya release notes.
If you’re itching to get up to date right away, you can download the update here.