Key new features for Mac users:
- Apple Silicon (M1 and M2 processor) support provides significant performance improvement.
- Apple Metal support (replaces openGL) provides significant display improvement in all viewport modes, plus Cycles raytracing.
Here are a few other things to try.
- New SubD Crease control.
- Surface Fillets enhanced.
- ShrinkWrap creates a water-tight mesh around open or closed meshes, NURBS geometry, SubD, and Point Clouds.
- PushPull direct editing workflow refined.
Drawing and Illustration
- Clipping and Sectioning enhancements plus SectionTools integrated.
- New Reflected Ceiling Plan.
- Major Linetype enhancements.
- Improved UV mapping.
Check the system requirements before downloading. A Rhino 7 license is required. An eval license will not work. Do not uninstall your Rhino 7. The Rhino 8 file format could change. To be safe, Save As Rhino 7 often. All Rhino 7 plugins and existing Grasshopper definitions should work.
These weekly WIP builds often are not stable or production-ready.
No significant price or licensing policy changes are planned. Rhino 8 will not ship soon.