Maxwell for 3ds Max users can update for FREE from the Customer Portal:
What’s New in 4.2.3?
- Maxwell was not available as render engine in 3dsmax 2015 or older.
- Maxwell Parameters camera panel was missing from Target and Free cameras.
- The channels’ output formats were including HDR and BMP, which are not supported by Maxwell; it was saving the channels as EXR. Now those formats are not available.
- Some of the channels’ output formats were not showing in their drop-down menus in Windows 7, as they didn’t fit in the box.
- 3dsmax was crashing when the Object Properties dialogue was called and Maxwell was not the current render engine.
- Scenes made with the previous versions of the plugin were not opening in 4.2.2. Now they will. (WARNING: please, notice that most probably the scenes saved with version 4.2.2, which was removed from downloads, won’t open in 4.2.3; the ones made with 4.2.1 and older will)
- The interface of the new Material Preview Options in the Material Editor, was a bit misaligned and too tight on the sides.
- 3dsmax 2019 was getting frozen when previewing Maxwell Bitmap in Material Editor in Slate mode and in some particular cases.
- MxLight target line was disappearing from viewport as soon as the Mxlight gizmo was moved out of the viewport.
- Some lines in MxLight Projector Gizmo were showing too big or too small depending on the units used in the scene.
- The radius of the MxLight, Area type, with Geom set to Sphere was not changing in the render according to the radius shown in viewport.
- The falloff and highlight cones of the MxLight Spot type won’t show in the viewport when the light is not selected (so the viewport is cleaner and ligther).
Interested in trying Maxwell? Download the trial here:
Maxwell Render is available for purchase at CAD Software Direct.