We have some amazing summer deals on Vectorworks, Cinema 4D, Modo 801, Maxwell Render and more… Don’t miss out!
Have a look at the amazing work created by some of Maxwell Renders top users.
Don’t miss out on this amazing bundle, available until the end of July!
All purchases will also receive a FREE upgrade to formZ 8 when it’s released!
The Maxwell plugins for Autodesk 2015 are now available FREE from the customer gateway. All the latest release notes for Maya, 3DS Max and Revit can be found below.
Also… keep an eye out for the SoftImage update coming soon.
Version 3.0.12 – April 29th 2014
- added support for Maya 2015
- creating a new custom alpha channel adds the currently selected objects to the channel
- added a shelf button which allows custom alpha channel mappings to be edited on several objects at once
- added missing Maxwell scatter parameters
- when a custom alpha channel is renamed, its name is updated in all the scene nodes which were using it
- pack’n’go now copies texture files used by referenced MXM materials, files used by RFRK nodes and file sequences used by animated textures and MXS references
- Maxwell scatter density, scale and rotation maps weren’t exported
- wrong defaults and ranges for scatter variation and rotation parameters
- correlated color emitters were exported as XYZ and vice-versa
- the time input of the sea node was replaced with the default value when loading a scene
- wrong unit for the time of the sea node (frames were passed as seconds)
- incorrect scale and density range exported for Maya fluids
- incorrect displacement presets for RealFlow and Modo
- the plug-in was incorrectly adding the frame number to ABC files used by the RFRK particle node
- realflow BIN meshes were displayed incorrectly in the viewport
- bogus values in the displacement-related dropdowns in the material attribute editor
- incorrect camera target (and therefore DOF) if the linear unit was set to something other than centimeters when the camera was created
- incorrect lighting and normal mapping for objects with Maxwell materials in Viewport 2.0
- MXM import ignored emitter projection textures
Version 3.0.30 – April 29th 2014
- added support for Max 2015
- re-added support for Max 2011
- Max double-sided materials are exported as front/back face materials
- added pre- and post-animation behaviors to referenced MXS nodes
- added controls for selecting the padding and format of MXS sequences
- added region rendering controls to cameras
- added support for hue adjustment to MxBitmap
- MultiScatter instances use the render flags from the original object
- added focus camera button to FIRE window and toolbar
- added the name of the material to the backface material button
- added rotation parameter in MxBitmap
- negative values can be used in the offset attribute of MXS reference nodes
- double clicking a material in the MXS material overrides window selects the material for that override
- added a way to set the MXS reference material overrides from MAXScript
- exposed gsChannelDeep and gsUseGlobalMaterial to the maxwell renderer MAXScript interface
- added global settings for textures
- added use global, mirror X and mirror Y flags to MxBitmap
- increased the limit for the depth channel max depth
- added back the MXS sequence rendering flag
- MAXScript error when loading some scenes with corrupted cameras
- incorrect export of particle flow motion data
- particle flow systems with a dynamic material node were exported with a default material
- crash in the MXS reference object when no material overrides are set
- MXS references didn’t display in the Nitrous viewport
- wrong bounding box for Almebic reference objects
- emitters beneath an IES emitter in the material tree got assigned the same IES file on export
- UV scale wasn’t exported when tiling was off
- material overrides weren’t saved with the proxy object
- crash when previewing some materials
- crash with vray cameras
- IES files were ignored when importing materials from MXM
- Alembic and MXS material overrides disappeared when the mesh was reloaded
- Alembic material overrides were exported improperly
- wrong normals for Alembic objects imported with CRATE
- objects with no name or that only contained numbers in their name were exported incorrectly
- the plugin reserved a license in node mode when the active renderer wasn’t Maxwell
- wrong camera position in FIRE in some cases
- Alembic crash when the abc file had material references
- the enable sequence checkbox in MxBitmap gets disabled when turning off viewport preview
- xref scenes that are hidden in the viewport were still exported
- MXS references updated their geometry even when show in viewport was off
- MxBitmap previews appeared darker when using show in viewport
- Maxwell material viewport preview ignored the hue shift parameter
- 3dsmax 2012 used a seat license even in node mode
- MAXScript error when loading scenes made with older versions of the plugin
- custom bokeh was not exported
- the offset parameter of the MXS reference object wasn’t working correctly
- wrong output paths in some cases
- render error when materials contain empty bitmaps
- the viewport preview of MXS references still showed the old object after trying to load a new file or sequence which contains errors
- crash when displaying Maxwell materials in the slate editor
- the textured material wizard created materials with empty bitmaps
- garbage text in the log window when material translation failed in FIRE
- IES file names weren’t saved
- crash when converting wizard materials to layered materials inside the slate editor
- crash when the wizard material was loaded as part of a multi-material
- memory leak in the material UI
- wrong size for the viewport preview of the volumetric object
- missing frame number in channel file names when rendering sequences
Version 3.0.13 – 29th April 2014
- added support for Revit 2015
- workaround for Revit bug which produced misplaced faces in family instances which contained imported symbols
- implemented Pack’n’Go
- Maxwell button became unusable after opening the family editor
- the family editor exporter wasn’t using the updated exporter code in Revit 2014
- the export button didn’t work if an image output path wasn’t set in Revit 2014
- the installer didn’t find the Revit install path if a localized or bundled version of Revit was used
- the addin didn’t load in some cases
- exported camera framing was different from the Revit viewport
- crash when setting the current month to January
- crash in scenes that contained stills
- railings and balusters didn’t get exported correctly
- the topology mesh material didn’t get exported in Revit 2014
- wrong baluster positioning in some cases
Maxwell Studio / MXED
- Added Material ID color material parameter.
- Added enable/disable switch for Object ID colour.
- Changed installer tech on Windows, unifying all versions.
- Displacement maps were not included in Pack & Go.
- Camera Lens Type was not updating with Scene changes.
- Grass was not rendering in the absence of Maxwell Render Suite.
- Maxwell FIRE could crash when using the Draft engine on OSX.
- Path-fixing in MXM Gallery downloads could fail in some cases.
- Zero-thickness Maxwell Sea & Volumetric are now auto-corrected.
For all existing Maxwell V3 users the plugin update is available to download in the customer gateway. However, if you’re not yet a user of Maxwell Render you can trial these fantastic updates by simply downloading the demos.
Interested in upgrading to V3?
If you’re still debating whether to upgrade then you can take a look at our Maxwell Render blog posts for all the information you’ll need on V3 – or if you’ve already made your mind up, you can upgrade Maxwell Render V3 here.
Maxwell Render team have announced the launch of the Maxwell Public Beta Area. This means that Maxwell users get access to the most recent builds, and won’t need to wait for official releases to get the latest fixes.
It will also help to reduce development cycles, meaning that users get better versions of Maxwell, faster!
The beta area is for license holders only, and users must be registered and have posting access in the forum. If you are not yet registered, or you have registered but can’t post, please use the link “Register for forum posting” found in the customer gateway.
Please note: If you are redirected to www.maxwellrender.com, it means that you are not logged in to the forum (at www.maxwellrender.com/forum) and/or that you do not have posting access on the forums.
|LICENSE TYPE||KEY POINTS||RECOMMENDED FOR|
|Maxwell Render Suite V3|
||Freelance professional or individual user with single machine|
|Floating (includes 10 rendernodes)
||Professional user with network rendering requirements – has (or will potentially have) extra machines available for network render jobs|
|Floating x 5 pack (includes 50 rendernodes)
|Maxwell Render Suite V3 Educational|
|Learning Edition (permanent)
||Students and learners (no ID required)|
||Teachers/Universities/Training Centers (Faculty ID required)|
|Extra V3 Rendernode packs|
|Pack – 20 Rendernodes
||Medium-large companies/studios and private renderfarms|
|Pack – 50 Rendernodes
Upgrades and Sidegrades
(from V1 or V2 unless otherwise specified)
|New V3 Node-locked to V3 Floating
|Upgrade to V3 Node-locked to V3 Floating