To count down the last days until Christmas, Next Limit invite you to participate in their brand-new CG challenge! If you are a Maxwell or RealFlow user, put your talent into making this dreary Christmas tree into a merrier one for the jolliest of holidays.
How it works
- Download the FREE scene Next Limit have prepared for you.
- Make it yours! Pimp up the Christmas tree with either Maxwell, RealFlow or RealFlow | Cinema 4D.
- Let your creativity flow using the software and make sure you meet the requirements.
- Fill in the form here and send Next Limit a link to your pimped-up video by December 25th, 2017.
- The winners will be announced on January 1st, 2018.
Things to keep in mind
- Option 1: Use a Maxwell integration or Maxwell | Studio in combination with any other program you like. Make a Multilight™ animation and save your scene as an MXS.
- Option 2: Use RealFlow or RealFlow | Cinema 4D in combination with any other program you like. Create your simulation and save your scene as an OBJ.
- If you don’t have a Maxwell license, you can request a temporary one for the duration of the challenge.
- If you don’t have a RealFlow license, you can use the FREE demo.
- There will be two winners – the best Maxwell and RealFlow entries.
- Only video entries will be accepted. Maximum duration: five seconds.
- Resolution required: between 960×540 and 1920×1080. Aspect ratio: 16:9.
- Take at least 3 screenshots of the process when using Maxwell or RealFlow.
- When you download the free scene, inside you will find a couple of cubes that represent the location of the camera and camera target in case you have problems to import the camera into your app. These should not be rendered. You can render the tree with or without leaves.
- Do not change the camera angle! The camera should have a focal length of 35mm.
- Send Next Limit a link to your festive tree (Vimeo, YouTube, WeTransfer, Google Drive, it’s up to you).
The best entries will each be rewarded with a 1500€ Next limit voucher and a Christmas surprise in a box.