The VisualARQ BIM Design student Contest seeks to recognise emerging talent in AEC students. The competition is open to any student enrolled in an academic program (during the 2020 – 2021 academic year) associated with the AEC industry (proof of enrolment required).
Competition entries will take advantage of VisualARQ tools to create innovative spaces that are considerate of the current societal pressures around the world.
Participants can use the VisualARQ evaluation version that is available for 90 days.
The VisualARQ team at Asuni will make a technical preselection of winner candidates, that will be finally evaluated by the final Jury:
- Raja Isaa: Architect and Software developer at Robert McNeel & Associates
- Michele Calvano: CNR ISPC research fellow presso Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
- Diego Navarro: Architect and professor at the UIC (Universitat Internacional de Catalunya)
- Oriol Carrasco: Architect, Educator & Researcher. Professor of Digital Tools at IED Barcelona
- Alicia Nahmad: Architect / R-Ex Founder / Assistant Professor UofC SAPL
- Elham Ghabouli: PhD in Urban and Architectural Management. Product Manager of Lands Design Software at ASUNI
- Architectural Concept design / response to the project issues
- Documentation (floor plans, sections, elevations, quantity take-offs)
- Use of BIM concepts (styles, association, data structure..)
- Model Flexibility – can it be updated easily? How is it organized?
- Use of VisualARQ tools
- Use of IFC interoperability
The awards will be delivered on 1st March 2021
1st Prize: 1 VisualARQ educational license + 1 Lands Design educational license + 1 VRay for Rhino educational license.
2nd Prize: 1 VisualARQ educational license + 1 Lands Design educational license.
3rd Prize: 1 VisualARQ educational license