The imminent V-Ray for Skethup release has been promoted to v2.0 in light of the major upgrades and improvements. To test the latest beta release, visit the Chaos site here.
Remember: Purchase V-Ray for Sketchup now at current pricing and receive the free upgrade to v2.0 when released (subject to the cost of a USB dongle).
The latest bug fixes and improvements include:
• Resolved an issue that caused geometry to vanish when editing a scene during a V-Ray RT render.
• Transitioning between perspective and parallel cameras while rendering with V-Ray RT no longer causes the rendered view to get stuck in parallel mode.
• When V-Ray RT in OpenCL mode fails to setup on OSX, V-Ray will revert to CPU mode without a crash.
• Resolved crash in RT CPU when VRayBRDF has both fog and translucency turned on.
• Improved stability of RT GPU.
• Skp2Sided material now supported with RT GPU.
• Opacity and other float textures render properly in RT GPU.
• The standard material pays attention to the Default Displacement override / Use global parameters.
• Our Standard, Skp2Sided, Toon, and Angle blend materials check and correct invalid (negative or infinite) colors.
• The VFB stays on the top of the SketchUp window in OSX.
• RGB/Alpha channels are always the first two channels in the VFB and are above other custom render channels.
• The VRayBRDF layer gets used for viewport representation in our LayeredBRDF.
• V-Ray diffuse color is no longer incorrectly overwritten by SketchUp material color in some cases.
• Resolved an issue that caused light cache retracement to always be off regardless of the checkbox in our UI.
• Resolved problem that could cause default options to be loaded instead of the serialized scene options if you open a model by double-clicking on it rather than doing File->Open.
• Our Options Editor no longer becomes empty when trying to use render presets.
• Resolved an issue where DR Nodes could intermittently stop contributing. This fix is part of the spawner itself, so you must reinstall it.
• Resolved “Ghost windows” from happening on OSX.
• Materials ending in the number “0” now load properly.
• Resolved an issue that would prevent copy and pasting objects between models, or automatically undoing the last operation while copy and pasting between models.
• Unicode paths are now supported when referenced from within lights – IES file paths, for example.
• The physical camera matches viewport FOV.
• Focus distance is set correctly and DOF render properly with the physical camera.
• Resolved issue that caused VRayBRDF to be unresponsive to changes made in SketchUp material editor.
• Materials no longer rename themselves after making edits in the SketchUp material editor.