KeyShot 7 is filled with new materials and Luxion want to see you using them! This month, they kick off the latest KeyShot render competition. This is your opportunity to create an amazing KeyShot scene using the all-new materials in KeyShot 7 for the chance to win a license of KeyShot or other KeyShot prize pack.
What are these materials?
- Cloudy Plastic contains light-scattering particles to replicate complex materials such as Polycarbonate or ABS.
- Metal has 13 new metal presets along with the ability to load Complex IOR files and add an anodized appearance.
- Metallic Paint has settings for Clear-coat Colour, which allows you to create deep rich candy coats and adjust clear-coat thickness.
- Toon has control of shadow colour and texture and ability to control the visibility of shadows produced by Light Source Materials.
The top 3 finalists will receive KeyShot prizes. Contestants will be judged based on innovation, creativity, and execution. Here are all the details.
– Submit your entry on the ‘2017 KeyShot Render Competition’ forum board
– Create an amazing KeyShot scene featuring a new KeyShot 7 material
– Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot
– Multiple entries are acceptable
– Post edits are acceptable
– The competition is open to everyone
– Team entries are welcome – prize will be transferred to team leader
Render Output Specification:
Resolution: 16:9 Ratio (at or above 1920×1080)
Filetype: .jpg, .png, .mp4, .avi
“With your submission, it’s nice to know what work went into your rendering or animation! Tell us what modeling software or other tools are used. If post editing is done, show a before and after. It’s always interesting to see!
Luxion retains the right to use any image or animation submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the image belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of render or animation files may be requested of the user via email.”
– Luxion Inc.
The submissions will be judged on three criteria:
Innovation – How is it being used? What is the application?
Creativity – What is the content? What materials/lighting?
Execution – How was KeyShot used? How is the experience?
3x Grand Prizes – KeyShot Pro (total value $1,995)
3x 1st Place Prizes – KeyShot HD (total value $995)
Honorable mentions (up to 10) – KeyShot Prize Pack (t-shirts, mug, etc.)
Sunday, October 23, 2017 (11:59 PST) https://time.is/California
The winner will be announced Monday, October 30th, 2017 on the KeyShot website, forum and social media sites.