The wait is over – after listening to all of the feedback from their users Next Limit have released version 2 of their Cinema 4D plugin. Packed full of new features and improvements, version 2 gives you the best in fluid simulation, directly inside Cinema 4D.
- New granular, viscous, and viscoelastic materials.
- New rigid and elastic deformer.
- New “Particle Skinner” tool transfers position and velocity data from particles to objets to move and deform them.
- Multi-physics solver (I). All materials are managed under the same solver framework.
- Multi-physics solver (II). Different fluid and deformer types are able to interact, e.g. granular + liquids, viscoelastic + granular, elastic + liquid.
- Speed and memory improvements (GPU 3-8x faster than CPU).
- Improved robustness of GPU calculations.
- Huge speed improvement in calculating the volume of interacting objects.
- Interactions between multiple fluids.
- Multiple scene objects within the same project.
- New “Tensile Strength” parameter helps to shape and improve a fluid’s borders in conjunction with “Surface Tension”.
- New “Vorticity Boost” parameter for vivid and turbulent fluids.
- Use image maps for an object’s friction, stickiness, roughness, etc. to influence particles.
- New “Reset Age” and “Keep Source Particles” options for the “Filter” daemon.
- New and versatile falloff functions for many force-based daemons.
- New random parameters for improved and more realistic filtering.
- Better and more robust collaboration with external render engines.
- Improved motion blur: motion blur is now possible in conjunction with particles and render instances.
- Meshes can now be built from already cached simulations with the “Cache Meshes” button.
- New “RealFlow” preferences entry to specify a default cache folder.
- Improved connection to Cinema 4D’s MoGraph, Hair, and Take.
- New “Volume” und “Collider” tags.
- Fluid masking allows to shape particle volumes through helper objects.
- Improved and faster method for filling object volumes with particles.
- Automatic or manual time step management.
- New “Links” field for type-aware linking of fluids, deformer, emitters, daemons, and collision objects.
- Random parameters for scatter effects like sand piles, river gravel, ground rocks, etc.
- Multiple “Collider” tags per object.
- New plugin architecture
- Cache file format is Alembic Ogawa for meshes and particles.
- For rigid and elastic deformer we use a proprietary format, but only temporarily. We will be moving to Alembic for these types as soon as possible.